Day 153

June 2, 2010

It's a holiday here in Italy. I woke up early and went for a walk in the mountains with Luca and his dad. I'd never been to this place before. Luca's dad told me that he used to come here all the time with his friends when he was our age. They walked through the forest for an hour and half before coming to a big meadow with mountain springs and a spectacular view over the valley. They used to carry bottles of wine and crystal glasses and all kinds of gourmet food. They were the envy of all the other hikers with their bottles of water and squished sandwiches.

They walk up was more photogenic in my opinion. I was surprised to find a little ghost town half way up. There has obviously never been a road there just a little trail. For me it was fascinating, I could have stayed for hours photographing the ruins but I had to hurry along to catch the others.











Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP