Day 34

As I couldn't find anything more interesting to shoot today, I'm doing a follow up on yesterday's post.
My luggage finally arrived today, unfortunately the smoked salmon was a little squeezed after 2 days in the bag but the camera stuff was fortunatly well wrapped.
This photo equipment belonged to my other grandfather that passed away 7 years ago.
I love that we shared a common interest and it is really special to me to be given something that he held very dear. Both cameras and lenses seem to be in good condition, they have their own leather case and there was even a light tripod in it's own little bag.
I can't wait to try them out, does anyone have tips on what kind of film to buy?

I started a photocourse a couple of weeks ago and soon I will have the oppurtunity to take a few lessons in a dark room, yay!

Unknown  – (February 3, 2010 at 9:39 PM)  

Beautiful cameras! Great memorabilia!

Anita  – (February 3, 2010 at 10:51 PM)  

Now I am really jealous! I love working in the darkroom. Digital photography doesn't have the same magic for me. Yummy lenses!

Anonymous –   – (February 4, 2010 at 12:12 AM)  

kodak tri-x. maxdp

J.  – (February 4, 2010 at 3:25 AM)  

Such fun!
And what a wonderful legacy keepsake from your grandfather.
Enjoy!

amson  – (February 4, 2010 at 12:28 PM)  

How exciting to inherit this wonderful camera gear. So much fun with film. I really miss it as each film has its own distinctive character and shading. Enjoy!

Unknown  – (February 6, 2010 at 2:45 PM)  

Have fun with these! They are beautiful pieces of equipment.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP