Day 12

The weather was sunny and beautiful today. I feel so much lighter when the sun is out.

The river Po runs through Torino, and is another trademark of my adopted city. I only need to go out of my house and around the corner to be at Po's banks, which are lined with tall trees. I think it's lovely to walk along the river, moreso in the springtime when everything is more colorful. On a clear day you can see the alps in the distance.

I went out at lunchtime with my camera for some fresh air and sunshine and the task of todays photo. I had to resist the urge to climb down and pick out all the garbage from the bushes in the front, such a shame.


1/800|f4.56|iso 100|24mm

Anita  – (January 12, 2010 at 8:23 PM)  

The garbage is barely noticeable - your eye is drawn into the photo and away from the foreground. Lovely composition!

Levi  – (January 12, 2010 at 9:36 PM)  

Beautiful photo. Too bad about the trash. On my drive to and from work in a rural area, I often see trash and think about stopping to pick it up or even taking photos of it - though I haven't done either yet.

~Susie~  – (January 12, 2010 at 10:51 PM)  

This is a lovely photo!! The landscape is beautiful!

amson  – (January 12, 2010 at 10:54 PM)  

What a beautiful scene and how lucky you are to be able to live here!

solveig  – (January 13, 2010 at 12:35 AM)  

Thank you all for the nice comments :)
Torino is indeed a lovely city but it's such a shame how many people litter. I often see people throwing trash on the street while walking or out of a car window. I often think it like this: if every person in the city throws a piece of paper on the street, then there will be 1 million pieces of trash blowing around :/

Lucky7  – (January 13, 2010 at 10:25 PM)  

Pefect composition, I like landscape photo that don't seem too postcard stile. Ps about the trash, I think it is a good message about how the people destroy a so beatiful city!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP