Day 18

A thick fog covered the city today. I had some free time early this afternoon before I had to teach so I went out with my camera. I don't know about any good techniques for shooting in fog but I tried under and overexposing a little and then compared them on the computer screen when I got back home. A few of them came out ok I think but it would have been prettier if the fog had been near the ground.




This one is overlooking the river, which is completely covered by the fog. Compare this photo to day 12!!



I wondered how the city would look like from above so I decided to drive up the hill to Superga, a 5-10 minute drive from my house. Superga is 672 metres above sea level, and is one of the most prominent of the hills which form a kind of an amphitheatre around the city of Torino.
On the top sits the basilica of Superga, which can be seen from far away.



It was so strange to drive right out of the fog and find the sun shining brightly and a clear blue sky. I wish I knew how to capture this view better. The white tops of the alps looked stunning against the crisp blue sky. This spot is a popular viewing point over Torino and normally you can see the whole city from there.
I couldn't find a spot without any trees in the foreground *sigh*.

Unknown  – (January 18, 2010 at 9:54 PM)  

wow, what a difference!
such beautiful photos!! the first one is especially amazing :)

Unknown  – (January 18, 2010 at 11:23 PM)  

all are beautiful -- but i love the first one best, too. has the symmetry of the trees and the mystery of the fog obscuring the distance -- nice!

Anita  – (January 18, 2010 at 11:34 PM)  

Incredible atmosphere in the first one - would love to see that in B&W. Lovely architecture.

Anonymous –   – (January 19, 2010 at 12:23 AM)  

Love the lone figure in the fog, a great moment you captured there.

Kara N  – (January 19, 2010 at 4:25 AM)  

Gorgeous photos today - I can't believe the difference in the river from day 12. I LOVED the first shot of the person walking down the tree-lined path.

Unknown  – (January 19, 2010 at 8:14 AM)  

I love the fog pictures especially #1

Unknown  – (January 20, 2010 at 3:59 AM)  

What amazing fog - and you captured it perfectly. The first is definitely my favorite. Beautiful.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP