Day 16

Tomorrow is my birthday. I love my birthday, or better yet, my birthday week. It's filled with dinner parties with friends and family, sweet treats and beautiful presents. I miss my parents and my sibling that are now far away, in Iceland and USA. We had many birthday traditions when I was growing up. The birthday boy or girl was awoken early in the morning by parents and siblings, who entered the bedroom holding a candle and singing the birthday song, jumped on the bed showering the birthday boy/girl with kisses and birthday wishes, and then presents were opened and cake eaten while still in bed! My mother made my favorite chocolate cake with white frosting.
Now I make new traditions, dinner parties with new friends and inlaws, presents arrive with the mail (with the italian postservice the even arrive weeks after my birthday) and I bake my own treats.

This is how my birthday feels like now!


1/50|f5.66|iso 800|27mm

Lucky7  – (January 17, 2010 at 2:30 AM)  

I love how u set up the ambient! you became good to really create the photo surroundings u want! good! pinky style!

Cafe Fashionista  – (January 17, 2010 at 3:29 AM)  

Happy, Happy Birthday darling! I imagine your special day will be full of fabulousness! Absolutely adoring the picture of those cupcakes - I wish I had some right now!! :)

Florence Lee  – (January 17, 2010 at 8:33 AM)  

Mmm, the cupcakes look delicious! Great background, and love the idea of the hearts circling the cupcakes. Happy birthday!

solveig  – (January 17, 2010 at 10:18 PM)  

Thank you for the birthday wishes! It was a great day :D

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP