Day 7

Inspiration did not grace me with her presence today. But as the rule goes, photos were taken and photos must be posted.
My university is in the old town and thus I shouldn´t really be lacking objects to shoot but I wasn´t really feeling it today but I took a couple of photos before heading home this afternoon. So today´s photos are more snapshots than anything else.


1/200|f7.03|iso 200|53mm

1/5|f7.03|iso 100|55mm

Anonymous –   – (January 7, 2010 at 10:06 PM)  

I LOVE that second shot!

solveig  – (January 7, 2010 at 10:55 PM)  

Thank you Laura! I´m starting to like it more as well, but I think I could cut a mm of the left side.

Kara N  – (January 8, 2010 at 4:36 PM)  

I really like the distinction you made between a photograph and a snapshot. I'd never considered it that way before, but I think that's really insightful. Unfortunately, I think I'm still taking more snapshots than photographs, but that's why we do projects like this - to focus on photography. Thanks for sharing!!

solveig  – (January 8, 2010 at 9:14 PM)  

I guess I just called them snapshots because I spent little time thinking about the settings and maybe didn´t have an exact idea about what I wanted to capture, and then I was out of there in 2 minutes. So I just felt lucky that they turned out good.
On the other hand, I may spend a long time with changing settings and light and know exactly what I want. But I might not get great results. So I guess that snapshots can make great photographs as well :D

I think you are doing great Kara, keep up the good work!

J.  – (January 11, 2010 at 2:38 PM)  

I think they're great!!!
Seriously, sometimes the best shots are the ones we put no time or effort into. ha! How unfair is that? :)

solveig  – (January 12, 2010 at 12:22 AM)  

Thank you Kristina and J.
J - you are soo right about that, totally unfair :)

Lucky7  – (January 13, 2010 at 10:27 PM)  

THE SECOND SHOT !!! GOOD GOOD GOOD !!! nothing too add, "brava!", you are getting really better in this kind of photos!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP