Day 17

I had such a lovely birthday. Last night we went out for dinner and drinks with friends so today I wanted to do something nice and relaxing with Luca. I really wanted to take a drive and get out of the city. We drove down to Alba for lunch and some sightseeing, there are so many beautiful buildings in the old towns around here.

We haven´t seen any snow in the city since before christmas but the countryside is still white. I snapped these from the moving car as we were too hungry to stop for photos.




The restaurant (Café Umberto) had very cool wall decorations.



I really like this one because it´s actually a reflection from a black shiny wall in front of us. I´m sitting next to Luca by the bar when I took this.



These are from the city Bra where we stopped on our way back home.


Anita  – (January 17, 2010 at 11:00 PM)  

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful day! Beautiful winter landscape in the first two pictures. And Italy as lovely as ever.

Angelo (The Rat Race Is Over)  – (January 17, 2010 at 11:18 PM)  

Happy birthday!
I love the photos taken from the car: I see so often views I'd like to shoot -- but I'm the one who drives in the family, alas!

Anonymous –   – (January 18, 2010 at 8:11 AM)  

Happy Birthday! Beautiful photos today, but I think my favourite is the one from the bar. I might have to play about with reflections more.

~Susie~  – (January 18, 2010 at 9:46 AM)  

Happy Birthday!! Your photos are just lovely today!Italy is so lovely!

solveig  – (January 19, 2010 at 11:45 AM)  

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes it was a lovely day :D

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP