Day 4

I must admit that todays subject is not entirely original. I've seen similar photos before so I borrowed the idea to try it out myself.
It was already dark outside when I started and being a beginner I don't have any fancy light gear. I lay a white sheat on the floor and over the back of a chair and used a little table lamp for extra light. I wish I knew a cheap trick to filter the light as there is quite a bit of reflecion in the second photo. I decided to post 3 photos this time to understand which one I liked best.







photo 1
shutter speed 1/25
aperture f8.0
ISO 800
focal lenght 55mm

photo 2
shutter speed 1/32
aperture f6.44
ISO 800
focal lenght 55mm

photo 3
shutter speed 1/64
aperture f6.44
ISO 800
focal lenght 41mm

Lucky7  – (January 4, 2010 at 10:21 PM)  

The last photo is really beautiful. Normally when I like a photo I can't express why immediately, but I know is good. Very well done!

Desiree  – (January 5, 2010 at 1:13 AM)  

I like the last one the best. Although, the second one is a different approach than what I've ever seen. I may have to try this out some time.

Florence Lee  – (January 5, 2010 at 8:14 AM)  

It's a great idea to borrow ideas especially when starting out, I try to figure out what I like about certain images and interpret it my own way - and you've done a great job here!

Some ideas for the reflection you mentioned -

- You can soften the light by taping some tissue or white paper over the lamp opening.
- Try moving the lamp in different directions to see if the reflection goes away, or try moving the light in so it becomes softer (but brighter, so you may have to readjust settings).

Good luck!

solveig  – (January 5, 2010 at 2:00 PM)  

Thanx for the encouraging remarks!
I will definitely try the tissue or white paper next time. Thank you for the advice Florence!

Tim Dustrude  – (January 5, 2010 at 7:54 PM)  

Nice photos you have here! I wouldn't have thought "beginner" from looking at them at all!

Another idea for softening your light, is to "bounce" the light off a large white object - (piece of paper, ceiling, wall, or bed sheet).

Have fun and good luck with your 365!

solveig  – (January 6, 2010 at 12:48 AM)  

Thanx to Tim. I will try that next time.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP