Day 3

I took a little walk around my neighborhood this morning. It was very quiet as normally on Sundays. I spotted a water fountain with a bullshead which is typical for my city (Torino) so I thought that it would be an appropriate subject for today. I tried different settings but couldn't get the colors right (it was a cloudy and gray day). When I couldn't feel my legs anymore from all the crouching I stood over the fountain and took a couple of shots of the water dropping down. I think this was my best shot of the day.



manual mode
shutter spead 1/49
aperture f7.03
ISO 100
focal lenght 55mm
no flash
no editing

jarvis  – (January 4, 2010 at 5:04 PM)  

Hi Sólveig,

this is a lovely idea and great for practice and getting feedback which is always a good thing when embarking on new adventures. Will look forward to check in and get a peak into the italian life

Good luck
Sigrún Jóna

Driftwood and Pumpkin  – (January 4, 2010 at 8:03 PM)  

I love the bubbles you captured here. Did you try messing with the WB when you were shooting the fountain? Perhaps that would have helped with the color issues.

Keep up the good work!

solveig  – (January 4, 2010 at 9:06 PM)  

Thank you all for the positive comments.
Thank you for the advice (These Nine Acres), I really appreciate it. To be honest I had given up and was almost home when I realised that I had the WB on tungsten light (hehe embarrassing) so I went back and tried again with cloudy setting. It was much better but still not what I had hoped for. I have to practice more outside in different lights.

Unknown  – (January 8, 2010 at 4:37 PM)  

Hi Solveig, nice shot! That's definitely my favourite.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP